Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Volunteer Experience with Grad Student!!!

Don't miss out on this opportunity! These kinds of experiences can lead to paying positions and other opportunities.

Here's the announcement from Kara Stevens, who is a 2nd year PhD student in FW:

"I am looking for a volunteer to help me with data entry from some research I did over the summer. I am doing fisheries research in Nicaragua in the Pearl Lagoon estuary and I have lots of sheets of data on fishermen catch, gear type, location and whether the fish ended up in the market or was consumed locally, what was thrown back, etc.. People there are mainly catching snook, weakfish, catfish, croaker and smaller amounts of lots of other species. The hours are flexible. I am looking for someone to start immediately, and the work would probably take until the end of this semester to complete. I am looking for someone who is responsible, professional and is interested in fisheries."

Contact Kara Stevens at stevenskara@yahoo.com. Her room is 32 Natural Resources and she can be reached there as well.
“We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” -Aldo Leopold